Monday, August 12, 2013

So Stinkin' Proud

This is my handsome son Faris....who worked so hard to become a Firefighter. Months of training, testing, doing ride-alongs, live burns, pushing himself physically and mentally all leading up to this day of glory.

Here are the two best kids in the whole wide world !

My son went from "cadet" to being an official Firefighter on Friday, August 9, 2013. This is his custom badge that will go on his helmet.

Ceremony of being sworn in by the City of Shawnee City Administrator.

Proud Papa pinning on his Firefighter Badge.

The family beaming with pride!

4 comments:

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Nancy,
What a great and happy day! I know how proud you must be.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Melinda said...

We are so very proud of Faris.
It was great to be able to see
him get his new badge!

Congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

Well deserved praise...you, being the incredible mother you are, all contributes to your children's success ! They are both very special to Aunt Janet and Uncle Drew as well....Grandma also said she is so proud !

Valerie said...

Awwww, congrats to your son!!! So neat to hear that he has achieved one of his goals in life! Can you believe my husband just celebrated 25-years with Lenexa Fire in April???!!! Where does the time go???!!!! My FIL did my husband's pinning at his Fire Captain ceremony! Proud dads for sure!

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!